Well.. I was supposed to take a short class for my developer group in a recent project. I thought I’d rather post the topics and some detail of that class here, which can help beginners.
First of all, we are going to learn some keywords and their use:
- HTML – Hyper Text Markup Language.
- Used to write web pages. Browsers understand this language. You have to talk with web browsers in this language.
- Tags are used to distinguish different elements in a web page. As an example, we’d use the anchor tag (<a>) to define anchor or links.
- CSS – Cascading Style Sheet
- CSS is used to define style for a web page. We’d learn about CSS in a later session.
Now I’m going to explain some rapidly used tags here.
Above code provides following output:
Its an important tag. Texts in an web page are placed inside paragraphs. This makes it easy to manipulate and stylize.
<p style="border:1px solid #CCCCCC; margin: 3px;>Loream ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Pellentesque quis dui. Aenean nec odio sit amet nisi faucibus euismod.</p>
Above code will provide following output:
<div id="example1" style="position: relative; width:100%; height:50px; float:right; background: #CCCCCC; color:#000000; border: 1px dashed #FFFFFF; font-size: 15px; display: block; clear: both; margin-bottom: 15px;">This is an example div tag with some popular styling</div>
The last topic of this session. This tag is used to differentiate a small part inside another part. Suppose a block of text inside a large div.
<div>Hello there! <span style="font-weight:bold">This text is inside span!</span> You are watching an use of span tag.</div>